IP Street is looking for a Senior Developer
We’re looking to hire two lucky people who desire fame and fortune. Here’s the Senior Developer opening:
Founded in 2009, IP Street develops and markets software to help corporations, law firms, financial research firms, and government agencies better analyze patent-related information. Our goal is to make IP data easy to get, use, and understand, so everyone can have access to high quality and transparent information.
We’re seeking a great Python developer with experience in: Automated workflows that process millions of objects; data quality metrics and repairs; search, particularly with Solr or Lucene; and/or general data mining. Our stack, and development & production environments, are almost all open-source. The key technologies are Python, Django, Celery, Solr, and PostgreSQL.
You’ll be joining us at a great time! Revenue is coming in, we’ve done two Angel funding rounds at increasing valuations, and have $ in the bank. If you want more responsibility and authority, no problem, you can have as much as you want!
- Enhance and extend existing code base to add new features to the product
- Extend Solr engine to provide more statistics and meaningful analytics to the product
- Design or co-design new product features, including designing the client and server-side tasks, and creating APIs
- Occasionally wear testing or devops “hats,” as the needs arise
- Write unit tests for your code, and doing performance analysis
- Demonstrate technical leadership within the team
- Communicate well with the team, in writing and verbally
- 7+ years related experience in Python development
- 3+ years significant experience in Django development
- Significant experience using Solr or Lucene
- Experience using one or more of: Celery, Redis, PostgreSQL or another SQL database, mongoDB or another NoSQL database
- Experience integrating with open-source 3rd-party libraries
- Experience creating customer-focused software to process data and generate statistics and analytics
- A track record of creating great code and clean, well-defined APIs
- Solid troubleshooting abilities, self-directed, and proactive
- Enjoy all aspects of software product creation — design, implementation, and debugging
- Familiarity with OS X as a development environment, and Linux as a production environment
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Excellent communication skills
Salary is DOE.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.