We selected A&R Solar to install our photovoltaic system and signed the contract.
The broad elements of the system are:
- Thirty-one Panasonic EverVolt 410W panels
- Power: 12.71 kW
- Annual energy: 10,562 kWh in year 1
- Installation cost: $40,134
- …after Federal tax credit: $29,699
- Annual projected energy savings in year 1: $1,304
The runner-up was a proposal from Puget Sound Solar.
Both proposals were well designed and documented, and competitive. Both companies promptly answered my questions.
PSS’s proposal was a little less expensive, but I had better rapport with A&R Solar. (That’s not to say my rapport with PSS was lacking. Just that A&R Solar was better.)
I recommend both companies if you’re looking into residential solar power, based on their proposals and interactions to-date.
The installation will happen over the summer.