My team has an opening for a QA Lead & Release Manager, for our Plone project. Here’s an excerpt from the full job description:
Location: Seattle, WA
Reports to: Director, Web Development
Fisher Interactive Network is a new division within Fisher Communications, and we need your help in changing the face of web news and information delivery!
This position is a founding member of FIN’s web development team. We’re using open-source technology to improve our sites’ sophistication and relevancy, and create new kinds of news and content delivery. We’ll need you to institute enlightened QA and code release practices. And help build this team’s culture.
The responsibilities will be to lead the QA effort, and own the release procedures used for build propagation. We’re seeking someone with experience in QA, but not necessarily in release management, because the latter can easily learned. We’re looking for experience in open source testing frameworks for web applications, and in Python, because it anchors our technology stack.
(Included but not limited to)
- Responsibility for all Quality Assurance, and our test strategy’s overall integrity. This includes developing and overseeing our software test plans and validation procedures
- Drive automated testing within the team. This includes selecting and managing automated test framework(s)
- Be the primary liaison to the Operations Manager, and jointly manage the QA-Production boundary
- Create and maintain functional tests; mostly automated, but also some manual testing. Review the test results for code coverage and regressions, and recommend corrective action
- At least five years experience in software QA, and a strong appreciation and understanding of effective QA processes
- xperience with open-source environments and tools, especially automated testing frameworks and technologies
- At least three years experience with Linux and OS X. At least three years Python experience, or four years with another scripting language coupled with a strong willingness to learn Python
- A healthy engagement with the industry and your trade. E.g., staying current with evolving and emerging technologies
- A healthy respect for agile development processes, continuous integration, QA, and release procedures
Contact me if you’re interested. My e-mail address is john @ this site’s domain.