This is my fourth week at CBRE. I’m working in a small development team that’s making a business and market analytics platform for CBRE’s brokers. All modern technologies, lots of fun things to learn!
We’ve got open positions for Python/Django developers, and a DevOps leader. Our office is in WeWork in Westlake Center, in downtown Seattle and convenient to the bus tunnel and mass transit.
To apply for this job, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Software Development Engineer (Python)
Market Builder Group, CBRE | Seattle, WA
We’re looking for a software development engineer with 3+ years of Python/Django experience to help expand our existing platform and develop new features and products. This person would begin immediately as a full-time employee in Seattle, WA.
Backed by senior CBRE executives, our small, fast-paced team has developed a platform designed to support data analytics and deliver simple, intuitive client-side applications. Our current infrastructure is loosely comprised of:
- A flexible, scalable, cloud-based application layer
- An API layer for client-side consumption
- Client-side applications designed for specific user groups
As our platform continues to grow, we’d want you to help expand and improve the capabilities of the application and API layers. Though you will have the opportunity to touch many different technologies, your primary responsibility would be to improve and expand our applications using Python, Django and related libraries. Proficiency in Python application development and a passion for learning new technologies is required.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Writing beautiful code and implementing fantastic solutions
- Helping design and implement new features/applications based on industry standards
- Keeping the existing platform running efficiently
- Identifying and addressing bugs/enhancements/new features/needed refactoring
- Enforcing best practices through peer/code reviews
- Ensuring that we are continuously raising our standard of engineering excellence
- Three or more years of professional experience in Python
- Django experience is a strong plus. If you’ve used another Python framework, that’s fine
- Really good understanding of REST APIs
- A solid understanding of Git, or a similar version control system
Bonus points for experience in these areas:
- Experience modeling and implementing data structures in PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- Background task queues (Celery, RabbitMQ)
- GIS and related technologies (GeoDjango, ESRI, PostGIS)
- ETL data pipelines
- Elasticsearch or other search technologies
- A competitive compensation package, with medical/dental/vision/401(k)/disability/conference attendance, etc.
- An awesome team with whom to collaborate
- A commitment to your career so you can grow
- An open-source culture that encourages learning and contributing back to the community
- Flexible working environment in a downtown Seattle office that’s convenient to mass transit and the Seattle bus tunnel
The technologies we use:
- Backend App/API – Python 3, Django, Django Rest Framework, Celery, RabbitMQ, Redis, Pandas, NumPy, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- Infrastructure & Related – AWS, Jenkins, SaltStack (moving to Ansible), Ubuntu
- Development Workflow – Git/GitHub, Travis CI, Slack
- Client-Side, Single Page Apps – AngularJS, D3.js, ESRI, Leaflet
About our team:
We’re a data analytics and business solutions team within CBRE’s corporate development group. We are uniquely positioned within the organization to access global data, tools, resources, and leaders throughout the industry. Our mission is to create value by developing targeted, highly scalable technology platforms for internal and external consumption.
We solve complex commercial real estate problems by bringing together good people, great minds, and top-tier technologies. We believe in leveraging and supporting open source projects and their broader communities whenever possible. We love Unix-based systems (we use Macs) but appreciate other flavors. We believe that personal growth is as important as Company growth, and they are interdependent.
We take the art of coffee beans and their related magic beverages seriously. We love gadgets and photography, and we are roughly split as to whether we would prefer to spend Saturday at Ada’s bookstore or in the great outdoors.
With over $9 billion in 2014 revenue, CBRE is the largest global real estate service and investment management provider in the world, and one of only two such companies to hold a position on the Fortune 500 list. The Company has more than 70,000 employees (excluding affiliates) in more than 400 offices globally. Please visit www.cbre.com for more information.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Please principals only, no recruiters.