My team has an opening for a senior developer working in Plone and Zope. Here’s an excerpt from the full job description:
Location: Seattle, WA
Reports to: Director Web Development
Fisher Interactive Network is a new division within Fisher Communications, and we need your help in changing the face of web news and information delivery!
This position is an early member of FIN’s web development team. We’re using open-source technology to improve our sites’ sophistication and relevancy. Sure, we’ll count on you to design and code large subsystems, but as we grow we’ll also expect you to help build this team’s culture, and institute good design and release practices.
(Included but not limited to)
- Design, implement, and debug significant subsystems in new online systems, which are used for web news reporting and content delivery
- Help run the group’s technical infrastructure, by installing and overseeing one or more dev tools
- Help drive the internal adoption of new software and development methodologies, with an open-source bias
- Contribute to FIN’s technical strategy, including website structure, performance, layout, and adherence to web standards
- Six or more years experience in designing, coding, and testing complex MVC web applications, with an emphasis on the back-end
- Four or more years experience in Plone, three or more years experience in Zope and Python
- A healthy engagement with the industry and your trade. E.g., staying current with evolving and emerging technologies
- A healthy respect for agile development processes, continuous integration, QA, and release procedures
Contact me if you’re interested. My e-mail address is john @ this site’s domain.