We’ve got an open position for a DevOps engineer/lead in our downtown Seattle office.
This is the first DevOps position in a small team. It’d be great for a developer with an operational mindset, or an operations engineer with developer chops.
To apply for this job, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Market Builder Group, CBRE | Seattle, WA
We’re looking for a DevOps individual for our team to begin immediately as a full-time employee in downtown Seattle, WA.
Backed by senior CBRE executives, our small, fast-paced team has developed a platform designed to support data analytics and deliver simple, intuitive client-side applications. Our current infrastructure is loosely comprised of:
- A flexible, scalable, cloud-based application layer
- An API layer for client-side consumption
- Client-side applications designed for specific user groups
We’re looking for someone who is hands-on and wants to be our DevOps team’s “ground floor”.
Multiple developers now execute deployment and operational work, and we want to consolidate some of this responsibility. The ideal candidate wants to build the DevOps team as our platform scales and the user base grows, and set the team’s pace and standards as you build it. (If you don’t have team building experience right now, that’s fine. We’ll help you learn on the job!)
Most of the job will focus on: (These are goals, not expected on day one!)
- Responsibility for our live systems’ performance, availability, reliability, and security
- Setting up and improving metrics and automated deployments
- Collaborating with other developers to develop new features and fix bugs
- Performance and capacity projections for our live systems
- Being the primary technical contact with our hosting providers
Your responsibilities will include: (Eventually, not on day one!)
- Overseeing staging and production deployments
- Automating our deployment scripts, and technology selection
- Automating monitoring and alerts
- Configuring scalable farms for some subsystems, such as Redis and PostgreSQL
- Analyzing and reporting the system and application performance
- Working with the developers to understand bugs, and fix some of them yourself
- Looking for ways to make our deployments and systems more efficient, secure, and responsive
- 2+ years experience in DevOps
- 2+ years Python coding experience
- Solid experience in deploying code to, and configuring, virtual Linux servers
- Solid experience in using Fabric, Ansible or equivalent tools, and an alerting/monitoring package
- Experience with centralized logging tools or services
- When you attack problems with incomplete information, you’re comfortable improvising as you go
- You’re self-sufficient and a self-starter, and confident in setting standards
- Good team and communication skills
- A competitive compensation package, with medical/dental/vision/401(k)/disability/conference attendance, etc.
- An awesome team with whom to collaborate
- A commitment to your career so you can grow
- An open-source culture that encourages learning and contributing back to the community
- Flexible working environment in a downtown Seattle office that’s convenient to mass transit and the Seattle bus tunnel
The technologies we use:
- Backend App/API – Python 3, Django, Celery, RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL
- Infrastructure & Related – AWS, Jenkins, SaltStack (moving to Ansible), Ubuntu
- Development Workflow – Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Slack
About our team:
We’re a data analytics and business solutions team within CBRE’s corporate development group. We are uniquely positioned within the organization to access global data, tools, resources, and leaders throughout the industry. Our mission is to create value by developing targeted, highly scalable technology platforms for internal and external consumption.
We solve complex commercial real estate problems by bringing together good people, great minds, and top-tier technologies. We believe in leveraging and supporting open source projects and their broader communities whenever possible. We love Unix-based systems (we use Macs) but appreciate other flavors. We believe that personal growth is as important as Company growth, and they are interdependent.
We take the art of coffee beans and their related magic beverages seriously. We love gadgets and photography, and we are roughly split as to whether we would prefer to spend Saturday at Ada’s bookstore or in the great outdoors.
With over $10.8 billion in 2015 revenue, CBRE is the largest global real estate service and investment management provider in the world, and one of only two such companies to hold a position on the Fortune 500 list. The Company has more than 70,000 employees (excluding affiliates) in more than 400 offices globally. Please visit www.cbre.com for more information.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Please principals only, no recruiters.