Previous posts in this series:
- Photovoltaic installation starts today!
- Solar panel changes, installation in one week!
- On Modeling the Economics of Residential Solar
- Solar power installer selected!
- Three solar power proposals
- A financial model for residential solar power
This is supposed to be a four-day install.
The REC 405W panels were delivered. I’ve now got 12,555 potential Watts of Power sitting in my garage.
They installed most of the roof mounts, which involved a lot of whacking on the roof to locate the rafters. I guess a gizmo doesn’t yet exist to find rafters using density-scanning like some interior stud-finders. Guess it takes a bit more power to look through layers of roof shingles!
The inverter and associated electrical hardware were mounted in our utility closet and by the service panel.
A fair number of DIYers inhabit /r/solar. No way could I have done this. I’d have hurt myself.
One thought on “Photovoltaic installation, day 1”