Previous posts in this series:
- Photovoltaic installation, day 1
- Photovoltaic installation starts today!
- Solar panel changes, installation in one week!
- On Modeling the Economics of Residential Solar
- Solar power installer selected!
- Three solar power proposals
- A financial model for residential solar power
Today the A&R team worked on the connections and intermediate hardware, and figured out how best to run the DC conduit from the roof to the ground-level hardware.
They wired up each individual panel site and attached the optimizers. My iPhone is four years old so its camera isn’t great by today’s standards, but if you look closely below you can see each optimizer.
The also installed conduits to and from the inverter and prepared to do the conduit run from the roof down to the master switch. I didn’t take a pic of it because a lot of the work was in the intra-box wiring and the conduit mounting.
The panels go up tomorrow.